Today, I want to write about koalas because they are cute little animals and come from Australia.
Here are 5 interesting facts about them:
- They have two thumbs on their front legs. I think that’s weird and don’t know of any other animal that has them, but it’s very handy for climbing.
- They’re very fussy eaters and only eat eucalyptus leaves.
- They are marsupials and have a backwards facing pouch to raise their young in. Thankfully, the mums have a muscle that closes the pouch so that the joeys don’t fall out.
- Koalas sleep for 20 hours a day. This is because their diet doesn’t give them much energy.
- They only along the east coast of Australia and can be found in forests and woodland areas.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any interesting facts that you would like to share about koalas?