This is my first fish that I’m writing about.
I chose swordfish, because they look cool with their really long sword-like bill.
Here are 5 interesting facts about them:
- Their swords are razor sharp and they use them to slice their prey in half.
- They are one of the fastest fish in the ocean and have been timed at over 50 miles per hour.
- Unlike most fish, swordfish have no scales and no teeth.
- Their only predators are large sharks, orca and humans.
- As a species, they aren’t under threat, but the numbers in the Atlantic Ocean are considered endangered due to over-fishing.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any interesting facts that you would like to share about swordfish?