Green iguanas are a really iconic lizard, so I want to write about them today.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- They are a very big lizard, growing up to 2 metres long.
- They often live near water so that they can swim away from predators.
- Despite how scary they look, they only eat plants, including fruit, flowers and leaves and are very docile, so people often keep them as pets.
- Young green iguanas will often eat the poo of grown up iguanas to get the necessary bacteria required to digest their food.
- They are a very common species, and are found in Central and South America and many Caribbean islands. They have also been introduced to parts of the United States.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about green iguanas?