Today I want to write one of the cutest animals in the world, Doria’s tree kangaroo.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- They are the heaviest tree dwelling marsupial in the world. They can grow to up to 81 cm long and weigh up to 20 kg.
- Doria’s tree kangaroo is named after the famous Italian zoologist, Giacomo Doria. He also has a goshawk and a slug named after him.
- On the ground, they hop around like kangaroos, but in trees, they use all four legs to climb.
- They are very good jumpers and can leap up to 9 metres from tree to tree. They have also been seen jumping down from trees from a height of 18 metres without hurting themselves.
- This species is considered vulnerable to extinction and is found in the highlands on the island of New Guinea.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about Doria’s tree kangaroos?