I really like big animals, so today I want to write about a really big frog, the goliath frog.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- As you can probably guess by their name, these guys are big. In fact, they are the largest frogs in the world, growing up to a foot long and weighing up to 3 kg. If you stretch their legs out, they are about three feet long.
- They mainly eat small crabs, but also eat smaller frogs and insects.
- Unlike most other frogs and toads, the goliath frog doesn’t have a vocal sac, so they don’t call out to attract mates.
- They are considered to be a delicacy to the local people and are often caught for food.
- The goliath frog is only found in fast flowing rivers in the countries of Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea. They are considered endangered, mainly due to habitat loss and hunting.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about goliath frogs?