Today I want to write one of the cutest animals in the world, the fennec fox.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- They are the smallest of all the foxes, with a full-grown adult weighing just 1 kg and growing up to 60 cm in length, half of which is their tail.
- Their very large ears are very useful. They help them to hear their prey, including insects that live under the sand. They also allow heat to escape, keeping them cool in the desert.
- They are omnivorous and eat a variety of animals and plants, including insects, scorpions, small mammals, birds, lizards and even small poisonous snakes. They are very nimble hunters and can jump very high for their size. They also get most of their water from their food.
- Fennec foxes are the national animal of Algeria and their national football team is named “Les Fennecs” after them.
- They live in the deserts of northern Africa and are still reasonably common throughout their range.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about fennec foxes?