Today I want to write about tiger chameleons because I like their stunning colours.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- These little guys are fairly small for a chameleon, growing up to 16 cm long.
- Every morning, they like to sit in the sun for a while, warming up and gaining the energy needed to hunt the insects that they eat.
- Like other chameleons, they use their extra long tongue to catch their food. These tongues have a muscular suction pad that enables them to catch much larger insects than you would expect.
- They live in forests and spend most of their time in trees. On one of the islands that they live in they lay their eggs in pineapple plants. They lay between 5-12 eggs each clutch.
- The tiger chameleon is only found in the Seychelles on the islands of Mahé, Silhouette and Praslin. They are considered endangered and there are probably only about 2,000 left in the wild.
I hope that you found these facts interesting.
Are there any interesting facts that you would like to share about tiger chameleons?