Today is Valentine’s Day, so today I want to write about the very affectionate masked lovebird.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- Also known as yellow-collared lovebirds, these beautiful small parrots grow to about 15 cm long.
- They are called lovebirds because they like to have companions that they live very close to. Once they have a mate they spend all of their time together, often preening and grooming each other affectionately.
- They are a very popular bird in captivity due to their beautiful markings, ease of breeding and habit of living in pairs.
- In the wild, they eat seeds, tree bark and crops.
- The masked lovebird is found in the African nation of Tanzania, living on the edge of forests near bodies of water. They have also been introduced to Kenya and Burundi.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about masked lovebirds?