Today I want to write about a very dangerous animal, the Arabian fat-tailed scorpion.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- These large scorpions can grow to up to 10cm long.
- Arabian fat-tailed scorpions are one of the most venomous scorpions in the world and they are very dangerous to many animals, including humans. In fact, their scientific name means “fat-tailed man-killer.”
- They are nocturnal, hiding during the day in burrows in the sand, under wood or stones and even in buildings. They come out at night to hunt their prey, which includes small insects and spiders. They catch their prey using their very powerful claws.
- They give birth to up to 46 live young which climb onto their mother’s back and are carried around for a few days until they moult for the first time.
- Arabian fat-tailed scorpions live in desert areas throughout northern Africa and the Middle East.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about Arabian fat-tailed scorpions?