Today I want to write about a really cool looking monkey that has amazing markings, the Angola colobus monkey.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- These beautiful black and white monkeys grow to about 75 cm long, with a tail that is about the same length as their body.
- Angola colobus monkeys live high in the forest canopy and are excellent climbers. They have a very small thumb so that it doesn’t get in the way when they swing from branch to branch.
- These guys mainly eat leaves which are very hard to digest, so their stomachs have special compartments to help break down their food. They also eat fruit and are helpful in spreading seeds through the forest.
- Baby Angola colobus monkeys are born completely white. They get their darker fur when they get older. They live in groups, with the other members of the group helping to look after the babies.
- Angola colobus monkeys are fairly common and can be found in forests throughout central and eastern Africa.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about Angola colobus monkeys?