Today I want to write about a very strange looking slug called the red triangle slug.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- These large slugs grow up to 15 cm long, making them Australia’s largest native slug.
- They come in a range of colours, including white, yellow, grey, beige, pink, red, orange or green, and every colour combination has the red triangle on its back that gives them their name.
- The red triangle has a hole that they use to breathe from.
- They hide under bark during the day and come out at night to eat the lichen off trees and rocks, leaving a very distinctive trail of small circle behind. They sometimes even come inside houses to eat the mould from bathrooms.
- Red triangle slugs are found in forests and backyards along the east coast of Australia.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about red triangle slugs?