I think that it would be really cool to have an animal named after you. One little spider that is named after someone famous is the David Bowie spider.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- These beautiful spiders only grow to about 2.5 cm long. The females are much larger than the males.
- They were named after the famous singer David Bowie, mainly because of his album, “The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.”
- The adults live in trees, whilst the babies are more often found in the leaf litter on the forest floor.
- They are excellent hunters and mainly eat small insects and other spiders.
- David Bowie spiders were only discovered in the past few years and can be found in forests in Malaysia, Sumatra and Singapore.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about David Bowie spiders?