Today I want to write about a beautiful, brightly coloured fish, the yellow tang.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- These stunning looking fish grow up to 20 cm long.
- Their bright yellow fades at night time to help them hide from predators.
- Yellow tangs feed on algae and other plant material. They also help to clean algae from the shells of sea turtles.
- They have a spine on both sides of the tail (called a tang) that they can use to defend themselves from predators.
- Yellow tangs are quite common and can be found in the shallow reefs off the coast of Japan and Hawaii. They are also a very common aquarium fish.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about yellow tangs?