Today I want to write about a cute little animal, the red panda.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- These beautiful animals grow to about 64 cm long, plus a tail that is almost as long.
- Despite their name, they aren’t closely related to giant pandas, but are considered to be more like raccoons.
- Red pandas mainly eat bamboo, but also eat roots, fruit, insects and small birds and mammals.
- They normally live by themselves in large territories, but come together at breeding time. The females give birth to two babies in a tree hollow. The babies are blind and helpless when they are first born.
- Red pandas are found in the high mountains of China, Nepal, India and Myanmar. They are considered endangered, mainly due to habitat loss and poaching.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about red pandas?