Today I want to write about an amazing frog called the sunset frog.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- These strange little frogs only grow to about 35 mm long and have very large glands on their back.
- Sunset frogs get their name from their bright orange feet and belly.
- These elusive guys were only discovered in 1994 and were first described by scientists in 1997.
- They breed from late spring to early summer, with the female laying about 100 eggs one-by-one on mats of algae.
- Sunset frogs are only found in a few sites new the coast of south-west Western Australia. They live in moist peat swamps and are considered vulnerable due to their tiny range and very limited habitat.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about sunset frogs?