Today I want to write about an amazing looking reptile, the rhinoceros chameleon.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- These strange looking chameleons grow up to 27 cm long, with the males growing twice as big as the females.
- The horns that give them their name are bigger in the males and they use them to fight with each other.
- They spend most of their time in trees where they catch insects using their long tongues.
- At breeding time, the females lay 4-11 eggs, which take almost a year to hatch.
- Rhinoceros chameleons are found in forests on the island of Madagascar and are considered vulnerable to extinction due to habitat loss.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about rhinoceros chameleons?