Today I want to write about one of the most colourful frogs in the world, the tiger-leg monkey frog.
Here are five interesting facts about them:
- These cute little frogs grow up to 6 cm long, with the females slightly larger than the males.
- Tiger-leg monkey frogs are nocturnal. They hide in plants during the day and come out at night to catch insects.
- They have very long legs and sticky pads on each of their toes, which helps them to climb from branch to branch. They don’t usually hop around like other frogs, but move slowly and carefully.
- At breeding time, the female lays eggs on leaves above water so that the tadpoles can drops into the water as soon as they hatch.
- Tiger-leg monkey frogs are found in the forests, flooded grasslands and even some urban areas of South America and are quite common. Their beautiful colours also make them a popular pet.
I hope that you found these facts interesting and learned something new.
Are there any other interesting facts that you would like to share about tiger-leg monkey frogs?